General Studies Degree in Music
Why study Music at Delgado?
Founded in 1921, the Delgado Community College Music Department is an excellent choice to obtain an Associate degree. Through the Arts and Humanities Division, we have two General Studies degrees with concentrations in Music Performance and Music Production. Our music department proudly offers the following:
- A comprehensive degree plan that easily transfers to four-year institutions
- Highly experienced and caring faculty who also perform locally in the jazz, opera, and choral music communities
- A state-of-the-art recording studio to prepare the student for a career in music production
- The opportunity to sing with the Delgado choir, who performs once a year with the Symphony Chorus of New Orleans
- The opportunity to perform at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
- The opportunity to perform at the Loyola University Jazz Festival
- Affordable tuition and financial aid for those who qualify
Here at Delgado, a sense of community is important to us. The following local groups that practice here weekly are:
- Symphony Chorus of New Orleans
- Crescent City Sound Chorus
- Crescent City Big Band
Associate Degree in General Studies
Earn your Associate Degree in General Studies where students in the music program may choose between two concentrations: Music Performance and Music Production:
Music Performance Concentration
Designed to prepare students for a successful career in the music industry, this concentration can be applied to many aspects of the professional musician including Pop, Jazz, and Classical style vocalist or instrumental artists for both solo or accompaniment performance, lyric and score composition, teaching, recording, plus many more.
Music Production Concentration
The concentration in Music Production caters to students seeking occupations in sound mixing, design, and recording, live audio engineering, event and artist promotion, and music management.
For advising or more information, please contact:
- Steven Edwards, Director of the Honors Program/Professor of Music, City Park Campus - (504) 671-6373; email@example.com
- Jesse Boyd, Music Coordinator, City Park Campus - (504) 671-6370; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin George, Associate Professor, City Park Campus - (504) 671-6368; email@example.com
- Sheila McDermott, Voice Instructor, City Park Campus, (504) 671-6315
Ready to Apply?
Are you ready to discover what our program has to offer?