Information Security & Assurance Concentration
About The Concentration
Students who pursue a concentration in Information Security & Assurance are instructed in the methods, policies, and procedures for protecting information systems from attacks while maintaining the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information for use by authorized users.
The program teaches knowledge and skills in technical computer systems, including both hardware and software, computer networks, and computing forensics, as well as skills in technology-based law and professional communication.
About The Certificate Program
While not an associate degree, the 12-credit hour Information Security C.T.C. gives students a solid foundation in the skills needed to be successful in information security sector careers.
Students who graduate this program will be prepared to take a number of Industry Based Certification examinations, including ISC2 : Systems Security Certified Practitioner and CompTIA Network+.
- BUSL 210 - Cyberlaw
- CMIN 246 - Introduction to Information Assurance
- CMIN 248 - Computer Forensics and Cyber Crime
- CNET 117 - Network Multiunit Systems
- CNET 119 - Network Multiunit Systems Lab
- CNET 197 - UNIX System Fundamentals 3
Select One (1) lecture course with cooresponding lab (4 total credit hours) from the following:
- CNET 177 - Network Operations
- CNET 179 - Network Operations Lab
- CNET 277 - Network Design
- CNET 279 - Network Design Lab
- ADOT 264 - Database Applications
- BUSG 240 - Business Communications
- CMIN 203 - Logic and Design I
- CMIN 204 - Fundamentals of Information Technologies and Systems
- CMIN 216 - Web Foundations I
- CMIN 244 - Introduction to Information Security
- CMIN 250 - JAVA Programming I
- CMST 130 - Fundamentals of Communication
- CNET 157 - Network System Basics
- ENGL 101 - English Composition I OR ENGL 110 - Intensive English Composition I
- MATH 120 - Contemporary Math OR MATH 128 - Applied Algebra OR MATH 130 - College Algebra
- Humanities Requirement
- Social/Behavioral Science Requirement
- Natural Science Requirement
- CMIN 204 - Fundamentals of Information Technologies and Systems 3
- CMIN 244 - Introduction to Information Security 3
- CMIN 246 - Introduction to Information Assurance 3
- CNET 157 - Network System Basics 3
Note: classes listed above are based on the current incoming catalog; your catalog may differ. Always check the appropriate academic catalog.