Delgado’s Hospitality Management Program focuses on transforming students into competent, serviceable employees of the hospitality industry. The program provides both academic and practical instructions that are beneficial to succeeding in the hospitality industry. Students will gain experience in hospitality operations and management; travel and tourism; hospitality revenue management; law, food, and beverage management; and convention management.
Upon graduation, students lead entry-level and mid-management positions in the industry or continue their education in the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration at the University of New Orleans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience in operations relative to the provision of goods and services in Hospitality Management.
- Apply knowledge of financial management to operations related to hospitality management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer applications, management information systems, and quantitative methods.
- Examine foundations of management, leadership, and human resources in hospitality management.
- Demonstrate effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Acquire knowledge of a global perspective and diversity issues as related to hospitality management.
- Develop an awareness of the various career opportunities and options within the hospitality industry.
- Recognize legal and ethical considerations affecting lodging organizations.