Start Up U
Start Up U Gives You the Knowledge to START, RUN, GROW
Start Up U is a program outside of the regular curriculum that will enhance and build self-efficacy for students and community members that are thinking about or have already started a business.
Less Theory; More Hands-On Learning
- Free workshops that can lead to credit in BUSG 115: Starting a New Business
- Help students not only get jobs but create jobs
- Ten in-class modules with Canvas resources
Everyone is Welcome!
Your program teaches the skills for your field; we teach them the skills to turn that into their own business.
Cosmetology | Automotive | HVAC | Electrical | Welding | Carpentry | Drafting/Design | Biology/Biotech | Arts and Humanities | Computer/Biotech | Computer Repair | Computer Networking | Graphic Design | Web Design | Visual Arts
Schedule - 10 modules will be run 4 to 6 times each semester. Students will have many chances to enter the curriculum.
- Module 1: Intro/Overview of Starting a Business, Innovation and Idea Generation
- Module 2: Starting and Forming Your Business - Registrations State/City, EIN Employee ID
- Module 3: Funding Your Business/Partners and Importance of Operating Agreements
- Module 4: Taxes and Human Resources: Payroll, Manuals, Safety and Regulatory Overview
- Module 5: Financial Feasibility and Pricing/Breakdown
- Module 6: Marketing and Sales
- Module 7: Constructing Financial Statements
- Module 8: Leadership: Develop Leadership Skills, How to Keep You and Your Employees Motivated
- Module 9: Systems and Processes
- Module 10: Social Media/Marketing Strategy for Your Business, Setting Up Your Business in Applicable Media Outlets
- Weeks 13-14: Make-up modules as needed by cohorts
- Week 14: Graduation party in H. Giles Martin Hall with networking and contracting opportunities
For more information about Start Up U, visit the Delgado City Park Campus at H. Giles Martin Hall, Room 107, Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or give us a call at (504) 671-5563.