Biotechnology Application and Admissions Policy
Individuals desiring to enroll in the Science Laboratory Technology, A.A.S. Program should proceed through the following steps for admission:
1. Apply to Delgado Community College.
New and transfer students must apply to Delgado Community College and designate A.A.S. – Science Laboratory Technology as the degree major before their applications can be considered.
2. Provide High School and College transcripts and ACT Test scores for evaluation and proper course placement.
Based on the evaluation of materials, placements tests may be required.
3. Complete pre-admission requirements for the program.
Students applying to the A.A.S. degree must have documentation of enrollment in or completion of the following:
- BIOL‐141 - General Biology I
- BIOL‐143 - General Biology I Lab
- CHEM‐141 - General Chemistry I
- CHEM‐143 - General Chemistry I Lab
- ENGL-101 - English Composition I or the equivalent
- MATH‐130 - Pre-Calculus Algebra or the equivalent
4. Apply to the A.A.S. - Science Laboratory Technology program.
A faculty advisor will review the application, test scores, and transcripts to confirm the student is eligible for admission. Grades of “C” or better in the courses above and a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 are higher are the minimum requirements for acceptance. Applicants shall be notified of their status via the email address supplied in the application.
For complete details, please review the, Detailed Application Process for the Associate of Applied Science: Science Laboratory Technology Program section in the Biotechnology Program Handbook.