Chemical Technology Application and Admissions Policy
Students desiring to enroll in the Chemical Technology Concentration of the Science Laboratory Technology, A.A.S. Program should proceed through the following steps for admission, starting at least one semester prior to when they wish to enroll in the program:
1. Attend an information session or schedule an advising appointment with a SLT Academic advisor.
This can be completed prior to or after steps 2–4. Students are encouraged to seek information very early in the process.
2. Apply to Delgado Community College.
New and transfer students must apply to Delgado Community College before their applications can be considered. New students should enroll in the A.S. - Louisiana Transfer degree program prior to their acceptance into the program.
3. Provide High School and College transcripts and ACT Test scores for evaluation and proper course placement.
Based on the evaluation of materials, placements tests may be required.
4. Complete pre-admission requirements for the program.
Students applying to the A.A.S. degree must have documentation of enrollment in or completion of the following:
- BIOL‐141 - General Biology I
- BIOL‐143 - General Biology I Lab
- CHEM‐141 - General Chemistry I
- CHEM‐143 - General Chemistry I Lab
- ENGL-101 - English Composition I or the equivalent
- MATH‐130 - Pre-Calculus Algebra or the equivalent
5. Apply to the A.A.S. - Science Laboratory Technology program.
A faculty advisor will review the application, test scores, and transcripts to confirm the student is eligible for admission. Grades of “C” or better in the courses above and a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 are higher are the minimum requirements for acceptance. Applicants shall be notified of their status via the email address supplied in the application.
For complete details, please review the, Detailed Application Process for the Associate of Applied Science: Science Laboratory Technology Program section in the Chemical Technology Program Handbook.