Do you want a career with better pay?
The Chemical Technology division of the Science Laboratory Technology, A.A.S. program offers a unique opportunity to prepare you to enter a growing and diverse field with good wages.
This program provides students the necessary skills and techniques for standard, everyday chemical science laboratory work. The chemical technology (Chem-Tech) concentration focuses on the fundamental principles of the chemistry and emphasizes the safe and effective usage of chemicals and chemical instrumentation. Graduates are trained and prepared for employment in the chemical industry as laboratory technicians with the potential to grow into supervisory positions.
Upon the completion of this program the student will be able to:
- Apply fundamental knowledge of chemistry to understand the scientific principles involved in the working science laboratory.
- Understand the function of a science laboratory technician in the workplace.
- Describe, operate and maintain tools and equipment in the science laboratory.
- Develop and adapt protocols to obtain and interpret data.
- Show proficiency in data analysis and data manipulation using spreadsheet and graphing software.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independent and collaboratively on projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate results both orally and through written reports in an effective and efficient manner.
- Apply all steps of the scientific method to research, design, perform, and report on a solution to a scientific problem.
- Obtain employment as an entry-level science laboratory technician in a wide variety of contemporary chemical technology professional settings including academic, industry or government settings.
Please view all of the pages in the side navigation bar to find important information regarding the program curriculum, application process, and general chemical technology information.