Email Frequently Asked Questions
As a Delgado student or employee you have access to a suite of office and communication products accessible from any internet connected device including:
- Business-class email, calendar, and contacts with a 50 GB inbox.
- File storage and sharing with 1 TB storage.
- Install Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote, Access, and Lync on up to 5 PCs or Macs free of charge.
- Online versions of Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more.
- Office for smartphones to view and edit Office documents on the go.
- Office for tablets on Windows tablets and iPad.
- Unlimited online meetings, IM, and HD video conferencing for collaboration.
To access this suite of products, including your e-mail, simply browse to outlook.com/dcc.edu and login with your Delgado username and password from any internet connected device.
Email Access Guidelines
- Students who are enrolled prior the the first purge (which takes place the Sunday before late registration) cannot receive email access until after the purge is completed. Thus, email accounts for these students are created on the Monday of late registration.
- For students who register during late registration, email accounts are created daily through the 14th day of the semester.
First-Time Email Users
To get started, you must retrieve your username then reset your Delgado password. Please follow the steps below.
To retrieve your username/email address:
- Log on to LoLA with your Delgado username and password
- Students: Select the Student Resources tab; Faculty/Staff: Under Self Service select Delgado Community College.
- Look under Personal Information and select Update Email Addresses.
- Students: Your Delgado username/email address will be listed under Campus Email Address; Faculty/Staff: Your Delgado username/email address will be listed under Business Email Address.
To reset your Delgado password:
- Visit password.dcc.edu and enter your username.
- Follow the prompts to answer your security questions.
- Reset your password.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily add or change your primary email address. Simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your Higher One account.
- Under the User Profile tab, click Email.
- Click the Add a New Email button and follow the prompts to add your new email address.
- The added email address will populate as "Unconfirmed."
- Using the radio buttons, select the email address you wish to confirm and click Confirm.
- A confirmation code is sent to the email addrss within seconds.
- Retrieve the confirmation code and enter it in the space provided, then click Confirm again.
- Click Submit.
- Select the radio button of the email address you wish to make your primary address, then click Make Primary to complete the process.