Transfer International Students
Steps for Admission
Note: All documents must be translated into English. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Step 1: Take English Language Proficiency Assessment
The Delgado English Language Proficiency Assessment is required of international students whose native language is not English. Learn more about this assessment.
Step 2: Fill Out Admission Application
Applicants must fully complete and sign the admissions application.
Step 3: Fill Out Supplemental Application
Applicants must fully complete and sign the supplemental application.
Step 4: Submit Transfer Evaluation Form
Fill out the top section of the transfer evaluation form and submit it to the institution you are transferring from. The bottom section must be filled out by your International Student Office and then submitted to the Delgado Community College Office of Admission.
Step 5: Gather Proof of Immunization
Submit proof of immunization compliance if born after 1956. Fill out the immunization compliance form.
Step 6: Gather Documents of Financial Support
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Service requires all international students attending a college or university to submit statements of financial support as well as an official bank letter. The funds required for tuition and living expenses are approximately $20,300 U.S. dollars per year.
The following needs to be submitted to the international student office:
- An official bank letter and bank statements verifying current funds of $20,300.00 U.S. dollars. For help with this step, view the official bank letter sample. The bank letter must be addressed to Delgado Community College. The letter must be in English and have funds converted into U.S. dollar amount.
- An affidavit of financial support. Complete the statement of financial support form. This statement must be notarized.
- U.S. sponsors need to fill out I-134, Affidavit of Support.
Step 7: Sign Statement of Understanding
Read the statement of understanding, then sign, date, and submit.
Step 8: Make Copies of Travel Documents
You will need to submit copies of the following documents:
Step 9: Make Copies of I-20s
You will need to submit copies of I-20s from the schools you previously attended.
Step 10: Have Foreign Transcripts Evaluated
For a list of of transcript evaluation agencies, visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services website.
Step 11: Gather Official U.S. Transcripts
You will need to submit official transcripts from any U.S. schools you previously attended.
Step 12: Submit All Application Documents
Mail the completed admissions packet to: Delgado Community College, International Student Admissions, 615 City Park Ave., New Orleans, LA 70119.
The admissions packet must contain the following:
- Completed Delgado admissions application
- Completed supplemental application
- Completed immunization compliance form
- Signed statement of understanding
- Bank letter and bank statements verifying $20,300 in U.S. funds
- Notarized statement of financial support
- Transfer evaluation form completed by last school attended
- Official transcripts from all U.S. schools attended
- Copy of visa
- Copy of passport
- Copy of I-94 card
International students transferring from another U. S. college or university must submit a current passport, I-94 card, SEVIS I-20, and transcripts from all U. S. Colleges or Universities attended. These documents are required in addition to those listed in the steps above. Furthermore, the student must be in good academic standing. Those students currently out of status must apply to the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for reinstatement upon entry to Delgado Community College.