1. Send your certificate(s) by certified mail or by overnight carrier, without any endorsement, assignment or other notations to the Delgado Community College, Office of Institutional Advancement, 615 City Park Ave., New Orleans, LA 70119
2. Enclose a letter stating the purpose of the gift.
3. In a separate envelope, using the same carrier as used with the certificate(s), send a stock/bond power endorsed in blank; that is, filling in only your signature but no other information. Your name should appear EXACTLY as it does on the face of the certificate(s). If possible, include a copy of the letter you sent with your certificate(s).
If you wish to donate only a portion of the shares represented by the certificate(s), Delgado Community College will complete the transaction and re-register the remaining shares back to you. In your letter, please indicate the social security number and the complete name of the registered shareholder. Please also confirm the mailing address for re-registering the remaining shares.
If the securities are held by a bank or broker:
1. You can authorize your bank or broker in writing that you wish to make a gift/transfer _____(number of) shares of ________(name of security) to be designated to the Delgado Community College Foundation for the purpose of _________________________.
2. Please send a copy of your authorization letter to the Delgado Community College, Office of Institutional Advancement. Include the name and telephone number of your banker or broker.
If you or your bank(er) need additional information or have questions, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement by phone at (504) 671-5412.