Applicants are considered for admission by the Admissions Committee of Charity School of Nursing. Applicants are identified by a number and not by name during the selection process. Selection of applicants is based on the applicant's "Profile Score" which is composed of the following:
1. CSN GPA of a 2.5 or higher for any of the general education and required related courses in the School of Nursing curriculum.
2. Number of grades of Ds and/or Fs in courses taken over the past 5 years that are required in the School of Nursing curriculum. Even if the course has been repeated with a higher grade the D or F is still counted.
3. Number of completed credits in the required related and general education courses in the nursing curriculum. Please note that 5 points are given for completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II lecture and lab, 10 points are given for completion of Anatomy and Physiology I and II lab and lecture and College Algebra and English 101 and 15 points for completion of all courses.
4. HESI score of 70% or above.
5. ACT score if required. (Photocopies of scores listed on high school transcripts are acceptable). Only for students with < 24 credit hours.
6. Bonus points are added to the profile score for attainment of LPN certificate, baccalaureate degree.