Transfer FAQs

Which classes will transfer to my 4yr college/university?

Check our Transfer Equivalency section for information regarding specific schools.  All of our current agreements involve in-state schools.  For out of state transfers it might be necessary to contact your potential school for transfer credit guidance.  Generally speaking general education classes and lower level major classes have the best rate of transfer.    


How many credits can I transfer to my 4yr college/university?

Typically only one half of any degree plan can be earned though transfer credit from a community college.  In other words, if your major at your 4yr school is 120 credit hours the most that you would be able to transfer into that program would be 60 credit hours from Delgado.    


How do I get Delgado to send my official transcript to a potential school?

The Registrar's Office processes all requests for official transcripts. Transcripts are issued at a cost of $5.00 per copy (regular processing) and $10.00 per copy (one-day processing).Students who attended Delgado prior to 1992 are not eligible for one-day processing. Transcripts are delivered by U.S. mail only.

You may request Official Transcripts in three (3) ways:  online, by mail or in person.


This service is only available for students enrolled after 1992.  Students enrolled before 1992 must request transcripts by mail.

Follow instructions below:

1. Log in to Student Services

2. Enter Student ID, if you do not have one, enter you Social Security Number.  Enter your PIN number, your PIN number is the day you were born and the last two digits of the year.  For instance, if you were born on April 2, 2006 your pin number is 0206.

*Note: if you have any problems accessing your account come to the Registrar's Office with your picture ID to receive your 4-digit pin number.

3.  Go to "Official Transcript Request"

4.  Go to "Add or Submit a New Request" page at the bottom.

*Note: make sure you click the "Submit option" right below "Request Options" before you click "Continue".  If you need to send your transcript to more than one address, please click "Add"

5.  Check all information is accurate before you submit your request.

***Students using AOL may have difficulty accessing their information from Delgado Community College website.  If you have AOL please use another internet connection to access this information.

By Mail:

Students who attended between 1985 thru 1992 (Processing time: 3-5 business days). Microfilm transcripts for students who attended prior to 1984 (Processing time: 4-6 weeks)

The link below opens a printable document which you must complete, sign, and return to:

Office of the Registrar
Delgado Community College
615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119

Request for Transcript Form PDF (8kb)
Note:  You'll need the Free Acrobat Reader to open the document.

In Person:  

You may come in person to request an official transcript.  A one-day processing fee of $10.00 per copy is required as well as a picture ID. One-day processing may not be applicable to students who attended Delgado prior to 1992.


Should I choose a major before transferring?

Yes!  Many majors have specific general education requirements and prerequisite courses that you can fulfill while you are here at Delgado.  Transfer equivalency lists will tell you what courses will transfer but they will not tell you whether you need a course or not at your transfer school, that will be determined by the major you choose.  


Do representatives from 4yr schools visit Delgado?

Yes!  Schools schedule individual visits in the fall and summer.  You will either find them at a table in the Student Life Center or at a table in the front hallway of Building 1.  In the spring in addition to individual visits, the Transfer Center hosts the annual Transfer Fair which brings most of the college and universities in the state to campus at one time.  These events are advertised though you Delgado email account and with flyers and signage across campus, so read those emails and flyers!