Summer 2013-2014 Priority Deadline for the FAFSA: May 15, 2014 FAFSA must be processed by the federal government by this date.
Summer 2013-2014 Document Deadline: May 23, 2014 All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for an award letter and eligible for a bookstore credit
Summer 2013-2014 Priority Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progression Appeals: May 16, 2014 Appeal and supporting documentation must be submitted by deadline in order to be reviewed in time to secure classes (no bookstore credit)
We have a new process to gather student documents online at dcc.studentaidprocess.com. If you are selected for Verification, you should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to begin the process. Click on the Personalized URL link within that email to access the student portal and create your login and password. Follow the instructions in the portal to submit the required documents. You must complete all documentation before you can continue in the financial aid process. The new student portal will allow us to process your financial aid in a quicker manner.
Welcome to Delgado Community College Financial Assistance site!
Our goal is to provide the BEST possible service to students and families who are in need of financial assistance to meet the increasing cost of higher education. Delgado Community College believes that no student who wishes to pursue a college education should be denied that opportunity because of financial concerns .
The following pages of this site are designed to assist students and families with answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that arise regarding financial funding for college.
**Formal admission as a student is required before financial assistance can be offered. The student’s file is not considered to be complete and cannot be evaluated until the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (with DCC's school code 004626) and ALL other requested documents have been submitted.
Do You Know your Financial Aid
Satisfactory Academic Progress Status (SAP) for SUMMER 2014?
We have started processing SAP appeals for those students who have one or all of the following scenarios:
· Withdrawn from a class which has now impacted your cumulative hours earned (less than 67%)
· If you are currently on an academic plan but withdrew from a course this Spring 2014 semester
· If your mid-term grades reflect a GPA lower than 1.75
DEADLINE: Students must submit the appeal to the Answer Center in Bldg. 2 Room 101 (City Park) or the respective campus financial aid office
First Financial Aid Appeal Deadline: May 16, 2014- Appeal and supporting documentation must be submitted by deadline in order to be reviewed in time to secure classes (no bookstore credit)
- Second Financial Aid Appeal Deadline: June 17, 2014- Appeal and supporting documentation must be submitted by deadline in order to be reviewed. Students who miss the first appeal deadline must be prepared to pay the entire balance out of pocket, but can be reimbursed if Financial Aid appeal is approved and processed.
Log into your LOLA Account and check your status!
- Go to https://my.lctcs.edu
- Enter your LOLA Username & Password
- Select the Financial Aid Tab, then Select Eligibility
- Select the Academic Progress Tab to view your status.
If your status reads any of the following descriptions listed below, then you must complete a Financial Aid Appeal. If you have already submitted an appeal and it was denied, you do not have to submit another appeal. You may select this link for the Financial Aid Appeal’s Application: Delgado's Financial Aid Appeal Form . Please do not forget to also submit supporting documentation of your extenuating circumstance.
· Fails SAP; MAX hrs, GPA, PACE
· Not Meeting SAP; MAX hrs, PACE
· Not Meeting SAP; GPA, PACE
· Not Meeting SAP; GPA, Max hrs
· Not Meeting SAP; PACE
· Not Meeting SAP-exceeds Max Cr
· Not Meeting SAP; GPA
To view a copy of Delgado’s Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy select the link below: SAP POLICY