How To Apply
At Delgado Community College, students are encouraged to carefully explore all financial aid options at their campus to start the process, students must:
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
(Delgado’s school code is 004626).
1. Check the status of FAFSA application through LOLA and submit ALL required documents.
· Submit completed forms to the Office of Student Financial Assistance. Please allow 30 days from submission date of last document for processing.
· Submit proof of high school graduation or college transcript to the Admissions Office before financial aid can be processed.
· If tax transcripts are required, request them directly from the IRS by requesting them online at www.irs.gov (under Tools, choose Order a Tax Return Transcript), or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
· Verify acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. Accept awards online
· Once aid is processed, students will receive notification on their Delgado student e-mail address.
· Students are asked to accept or decline each federal subsidized and unsubsidized loan, no funding will disburse. Students may accept all or just a part of the aid offer.
· Disbursement of funding is necessary for school tuition and fees to be paid.
· After tuition and fees are paid, if there is a remaining credit balance, those funds may be utilized in the bookstore.
· Students can check their account balance by logging in to LoLA.
4. Receive Refund
· Refunds are funds paid to a student that is based on the credit balance remaining after tuition and fees and other applicable charges have been paid.
· A negative balance indicates a refund has been applied.
· Refunds are distributed through Delgado Community College Dolphin One Card which is administered by Higher One.
· For more information about your Higher One account, please visit dolphinonecard.higheroneaccount.com