Eligibility for Financial Aid
All students must meet the following criteria to apply for Title IV Federal Aid—grants, work study, and loans:
- Be enrolled as a regular student in a degree-seeking or certificate program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen (permanent resident).
- Be enrolled at least half-time (most programs equals six hours).
- Not be in default on prior student loans or owe a refund on a federal grant.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress as described in the section, Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Registered with Selective Service, if required to do so.
- Have a valid social security number.