Mission, Vision & Core Values
The division of Student Affairs promotes and supports the mission of Delgado Community College through comprehensive, learning-centered services & programs that enhance the success of the student and the college community.
This is accomplished by:
- Creating effective programs and services that are innovative and inclusive of the diversity of our college and community
- Delivering seamless programs and services that are responsive to the diverse and changing needs of our students, faculty, and staff
- Partnering and collaborating with the whole college to create a community where everyone is capable of learning and success
- Ensuring that our professional and knowledgeable staff will pursue life-long learning which will be demonstrated by the programs and services we provide
- Creating an atmosphere that validates the student’s decision to enroll at Delgado
Our vision is an environment in which all individuals have meaningful learning experiences that motivate them to take on challenges and that empower them to succeed academically, professionally, and personally.
Our Core Values
These core values include and build upon those of Delgado Community College. They are the principles that drive our internal decisions within this division and define the philosophy behind our mission and vision.
Essentially, we are public servants who:
- treat everyone with respect and dignity
- know our students and the needs of our community
- acknowledge everyone has potential; everyone needs to start right
- see students as individuals not as a group or a number
- are accountable and model the same behaviors we desire in students