Committed to Raising Consciousness
The Psychology Club's purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in
psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
The mission of the Psychology Club is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
1. The Psychology Club offers the experience of operating a club and provides opportunities to:
Ø Acquire leadership skills
Ø Interact with faculty outside the classroom
Ø Learn more about the educational and professional choices available
Ø Meet professionals in psychology
Ø Participate in community service
Ø Meet peers with similar interests
Ø Receive newsletters while active in the club
2. Membership contributes to the member's confidence and feeling of self-worth.
3. You are eligible for student affiliate membership in the American
Psychological Association (
4. Members receive an e-mail notification of all Psychology Club events and meetings.
5. Shows employers that you want to be part of a team, therefore it looks good on
6. Keeping involved in campus activities can increase your desire to succeed
What Are the Membership Requirements?
Membership is open to students who:
1. are enrolled at
2. have completed at least one semester of psychology
3. have demonstrated a genuine interest in psychology and high standards of
personal behavior and integrity
4. have signed and completed a membership registration form accepting the Psychology Club's by-laws and policies
5. have paid the yearly dues of $10.00
6. have a willingness to participate in one or more committees.
There are no G.P.A. requirements to join the Psychology Club. If you have further questions regarding the Psychology Club please contact any of the advisors or officers