Personal Fitness Trainer
National Certification Course
This 30-hour certification program includes 15 hours of lecture, 15 hours of practical training. An additional 30 hours of internship at a fitness center of the student's choice must be completed before sitting for the National Certification Exam.The course is taught over 6 weeks for greater retention, with written and practical testing conducted in week 7. The different aspects associated with fitness training that includes topics such as biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage and health assessment.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
1. Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
2. Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
3. Design and customize exercise programs.4. Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
5. Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
6. Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
Students must have obtained the Adult CPR & AED Certification.
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, skills assessments and final examination. Registered students receive course workbook and study guide and information on required course textbook and instructions concerning internship requirements.
Sping 2013 Course Offering:
Location: Delgado Community College, 615 City Park Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119
Time: Theory/Lecture (5 Sessions) on Tuesdays 6:00pm-9:00pm February,19, 26, and March 5, 12, 19, 2013- Theory Exam Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Lab Training- (5 Sessions) Saturdays 11:00am - 2:00pm - February 16, 23, March 2, 9, 16. and Lab Exam Session -March 23, 2013
Course cost: $650 (textbook required ($81.97) not included in cost)
For Registration information call 504-671-6474 or email email@example.com
For course information contact W.I.T.S. at 888-330-9487