CDYC Practicum Eligibility Seminar Fall 2019
April 17, 2019
Marvin E. Thames Hall (College Library), Room 160
City Park Campus
615 City Park Campus
New Orleans, LA 70119
Thursday, April 25, 2019
2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Who should attend?
Attendance is mandatory for CDYC students who are eligible to enroll in Fall 2019 Practicum, according to the listed guidelines below:
- Must be in last semester to graduate with a degree in CDYC, completed developmental math, English and reading courses
- Must have completed CDYC courses with a “C” or better
- Must have completed “Core courses”
- CDYC 105 (Introduction to Child Care and Development) “Core course”
- CDYC 111 (Observation & Assessment) “Core course”
- CDYC 115 (Guidance & Classroom Management) “Core course”
- CDYC 273 (Curriculum & Teaching Materials) “Core course”
- Student cannot be enrolled in more than two (2) courses with Practicum
- Student cannot be enrolled in any classes during the hours of 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Departmental permission is required for all applicants
What should you bring?
- Current unofficial degree plan (please see your CDYC Advisor if needed)
Lisa Melson: email@example.com - (A-I) City Park Campus
Lydia Goellner: firstname.lastname@example.org - (J-R) City Park Campus
Barbara Thomas: email@example.com - (S-Z) City Park Campus
Shelley Rheams: firstname.lastname@example.org - West Bank Campus