At Delgado Community College, students are encouraged to carefully explore all financial
aid options at their campus to start the process, students must:
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
(Delgado’s school code is 004626).
How to create FSA ID
How to complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA
What happens next - FAFSA completed
1. Check the status of FAFSA application through LOLA and submit ALL required documents.
- Submit completed forms to the Office of Student Financial Assistance. Please allow
30 days from submission date of last document for processing.
- Submit proof of high school graduation or college transcript to the Admissions Office
before financial aid can be processed.
- If tax transcripts are required, request them directly from the IRS by requesting
them online at www.irs.gov (under Tools, choose Order a Tax Return Transcript), or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
- Verify acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. Accept awards online
- Once aid is processed, students will receive notification on their Delgado student
- Students are asked to accept or decline each federal subsidized and unsubsidized loan,
no funding will disburse. Students may accept all or just a part of the aid offer.
- Disbursement of funding is necessary for school tuition and fees to be paid.
- After tuition and fees are paid, if there is a remaining credit balance, those funds
may be utilized in the bookstore.
- Students can check their account balance by logging in to LoLA.
4. Receive Refund
- Refunds are funds paid to a student that is based on the credit balance remaining
after tuition and fees and other applicable charges have been paid.
- A negative balance indicates a refund has been applied.
- Refunds are distributed through Delgado Community College Dolphin One Card which is
administered by Higher One.
- For more information about your Higher One account, please visit dolphinonecard.higheroneaccount.com