TOPS is a program of state scholarships for Louisiana residents who attend either
one of the Louisiana Public Colleges and Universities, schools that are a part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System or institutions that are a part of the Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges and Universities.
Eligibility is determined by Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA)
following a student’s graduation from high school. Award letters will be mailed to
students by LOSFA starting in May. Additional information is available on LOSFA’s website (www.osfa.state.la.us) or by telephone (1-800-259-5626, ext. 1012).
|TOPS Award Amounts for 2016-2017 AWARD YEAR
| 2016-2017 TOPS Annual Amounts for Delgado
| 2016-2017 TOPS Amount Per Semester / Quarter for Delgado
TOPS Eligibility/ Qualifications
- TOPS are awarded based on the student’s ACT score
- TOPS pays tuition not fees
- TOPS recipients must complete 24 earned hours within the academic year or they will lose TOPS
- Students must be enrolled full time (at least 12 semester hours)
- Students must be enrolled in Certificate of Technical Studies or Associate of Applied
Science (TOPS Tech students only)
- Delgado Student Financial Assistance office will begin processing TOPS payments after
the 15th class day. Funding will be posted to eligible student’s accounts after the
Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) releases the funding to the
- TOPS recipients who withdraw prior to the 14th class day will lose their TOPS award
and therefore will not be eligible for funding.
Tips To Make Sure Your TOPS Processing Goes Smoothly
- Make sure that you indicate your name, date of birth, and home street address the
same on all documents (school records, ACT test registrations, FAFSA, college applications, etc.)
- If your name is John Alan Smith, Jr. do not fill one application out as John A. Smith, Jr. and another as J.A. Smith, Jr., or
another as J. Alan Smith,
- A good rule to follow is to use the same spelling and abbreviations as printed on
your Social Security Card.
- Make sure that you are aware that your TOPS Award is based on your TOPS Core GPA and
not your overall cumulative GPA. Also be aware that TOPS does not round GPA’s. A 2.49
cannot round to a 2.50.
- Make sure that your FAFSA application is signed by both the student and a parent before submission
For additional information regarding TOPS please refer to the following website: