Delgado Northshore in Slidell has concluded a successful summer STEM program.
The goals were to:
- Attract students who fostered a love for science
- Encourage middle grade students, especially girls, to consider careers in science, technology and math
- Appreciate the wonder of science and the problems it can solve
- Build relationships with kids from other schools.
Equipment and different projects performed in the lab:
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA extractions and models
- Optic and electromagnetism
- Microbiology bacteria
- Test ant repellants
- Plasma ball experiment
- Used a Van der Graff machine
- Model natural selection
- Working with formulas
- Engineered helmets
- Created sound equipment, microphones and speakers.