Student Organization Travel Guidelines
Using On-Campus Funds
If funds from an on-campus bank account are being used to travel, the Professional Leave and Travel Request Form must be completed in compliance with the Professional Leave and Travel Policy.
- View the Travel Guidelines and Checklist for a quick explanation on the policy.
- Every student must complete an Acknowledgment Form.
- Students are never covered for injuries or property damage while traveling to, from
or at an event while representing Delgado. Delgado is covered for liability exposure
if the student causes accidental damage to third party property while at an event
as long as they are participating on behalf of Delgado.
- If attending a conference with students, you should get emergency contact information
from them in case of a health emergency. Additionally, remind students to bring health
insurance cards and information with them in case of an unexpected sickness or injury.
- Advisors may get travel advances for students' expenses.
- A list of student’s names that are attending and student ID numbers must accompany the Professional Leave and Travel Request.
- Students must sign for any travel reimbursements that they receive. This must be submitted
with the Travel Expense Account Form.
- The Travel Expense Account Form must be submitted to the Office of Student Life within five days of returning from the
- Only employees of the college may drive College vehicles.
- No personal vehicle mileage can be reimbursed for travel over 99 miles.
- If travel exceeds 99 miles, a vehicle must be rented through the Travel Office.