1. Be a new student (have never attended any college previously)
2. Complete a Delgado Admissions Application
3. Complete Delgado’s Online Orientation
4. Complete the Delgado Placement Test or have sufficient ACT scores for class placement (see below)
At the end of the Advising & Registration session, you will have your class schedule, a curriculum sheet, and a two semester course outline prepared by an Academic Advisor.
ACT Test Score Information
Students wanting to submit ACT scores to bypass the placement test must log onto their ACT student account at www.act.org, and bring a copy of their appropriate scores to the testing office prior to the start of their First-Time Freshman Advising session.
ACT scores acceptable to bypass the placement test must be within 3 years from the test date. Scores over 3 years are not accepted. Students are allowed to combine multiple ACT scores.
Do I have to take the placement test?
18 or higher
14 - 21
22 or higher
17 or higher
* An English ACT score of 16- 17 qualifies students to take Delgado's ENGL 110, an intensive five credit hour college composition course that is equivalent to ENGL 101. Students may also choose to enroll in a traditional ENGL 099 course. An English ACT score of 18 places a student directly into ENGL 101 – English Composition I without the need for any developmental coursework in English.
** A Math ACT score of 14 - 16 qualifies students to take Delgado's MATH 098 - Algebra Foundations I, while a score of 17 -19 qualifies students for Delgado’s MATH 099 – Algebra Foundations II. A Math ACT Score of 19-21 qualifies students to enroll in MATH 120 – Contemporary Math or MATH 128 – Applied Algebra.. A Math ACT score of at least 22 is needed for students who want to take Delgado’s MATH 130 – College Algebra.