Single Moms Success Design Challenge
Education Design Lab uses a human-centered design process in combination with tools from other industries to help schools, employers, government agencies, foundations, nonprofits, and innovators to design, test, and implement new higher education models that improve opportunity for historically underserved learners.
Delgado Community College was selected by Education Design lab as one of four community colleges to participate in the Single Moms Success Design Challenge which is generously supported by the ECMC foundation.. Click here to read more about the challenge and its implementation.
Timeline + Critical Milestones
- March 2019: Design Challenge Starts (Project initiation calls)
- April-May 2019: On-Site Sessions (Kick Off + Understand)
- June 2019: Convening (Gallery Walk + Early Ideation)
- September 2019: On-Site Sessions (Campus Gallyer Walk + Prototype Development)
- November-December 2019: Virtual Session (Prototype Selection + Launch Plan)
- January-May 2020: Prototype Testing (Knowledge Sharing + Pilot Iteration)
- Summer 2020: Convening (Knowledge Sharing + Pilot Iteration)
Arnel W. Cosey, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Theresa DeGruy, Ph.D.
Assistant to the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Coordinator, Single Stop
Director, Enrollment Management
Senior Analyst, Office of information Technology
March 15, 2019
Session 1: Kickoff Call
April 29, 2019
Session 2: Onsite – Understand
June 17-18, 2019
Session 3: Cohort Convening - Gallery Walk & Ideation Session (Indianapolis, Indiana)
September 23-24, 2019
Session 4: Designing on Your Campus - Gallery Walk + Concept/Prototype Development
Related Articles and Research