Kaplan Nursing School Admissions Test
Delgado Community College requires an entrance exam for students applying to the Registered Nursing Program, the Practical Nursing Program, and the Surgical Technology program. The Office of Advising & Testing administers the Kaplan Nursing School Admissions Test. Students may take this exam only once per application period.
Who needs this test?*
- All students applying to the Registered Nursing Associate’s Degree Program
- All students applying to the Practical Nursing Technical Diploma Program
- All students applying to the Surgical Technology Certificate of Technical Studies Program
* This exam is for students applying to the Delgado nursing/surgical technology programs only. Scores will not transfer to other schools or programs.
What's on the test and how long does it take?
- Four sections covering reading, writing, basic math, science, and critical thinking.
- Reading section: 22 questions, 45 minutes.
- Math section: 28 questions, 45 minutes. (The Math section is only required for Surgical Technology applicants.)
- Writing section: 21 questions, 45 minutes.
- Science section: 20 questions, 30 minutes
- Total maximum time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
Which Delgado locations offer this test?
The Kaplan Nursing School Admissions Test is offered at the City Park and West Bank Campuses and the Sidney Collier and River City Learning Sites.
Note: Delgado Charity School of Nursing is not a testing site.
What’s the cost of the test?
There is a $70 non-refundable fee for the test. You must pay the fee prior to testing.
Are there study/preparation materials?
There is a Kaplan study guide available for purchase online at Amazon.com or through your local bookstore.
What is the minimum score I need to attain for admissions consideration?
Refer to your program page or see your program advisor for more information.
How do I check available dates and sign up for the test?
Testing takes place in March and again in Mid-September through Mid-October. Registration is a two-step process and will begin on March 1st and again on September 15th. Choose your testing site below and select “Kaplan” as your group and “Nursing and Surgical Technology Entrance Exam” as your exam.
After you have scheduled your test, and paid your $70 non-refundable fee, you will receive a receipt confirming your appointment with a link to Kaplan to complete your registration. You must secure your test date with payment and register with Kaplan to test.
What happens after I test?
You get the results of your exam immediately after testing. You are responsible for turning in a copy of your scores with your application package and must check with Delgado Charity School of Nursing to receive information and guidelines for admission into your chosen program. The testing department does not advise candidates on their admission status.
|City Park Campus
Building 2, Room 302
|West Bank Campus
LaRocca Hall, Room 303
|Sidney Collier Site
Building 3, Room 117A
|River City Site
Building A, Room 238
Admissions applications must be submitted prior to assessment.
No personal items, including but not limited to, mobile phones, hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) or other electronic devices, pagers, smart watches, purses, firearms or other weapons, hats (and other non-religious head coverings), bags, books, and/or notes are allowed in the testing rooms. You must store all personal items in a secure area as indicated by the Testing Center staff or return them to your vehicle. If you refuse to store your personal items, you will be unable to test.
Please bring a valid, state or goverment issued, photo ID with you on test day.