Practical Nursing - Accuplacer
Delgado Community College requires an entrance exam for students applying to the Practical Nursing Program. The Office of Advising & Testing administers the Practical Nursing Accuplacer Test.
Who needs this test?*
- All students applying to the Practical Nursing Technical Diploma Program
* This exam is for students applying to the Delgado practical nursing program only. Scores will not transfer to other schools or programs.
What's on the test and how long does it take?
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, & Statistics, Reading, and Writing are all covered on the assessment.
Which Delgado locations offer this test?
- The Practical Nursing Accuplacer is offered at the City Park and West Bank Campuses and the Sidney Collier and River City Learning Sites.
Note: Delgado Charity School of Nursing is not a testing site.
What’s the cost of the test?
- There is a $10 (per section) non-refundable fee for the test. You must pay the fee prior to testing.
Note: There is not an online registration for this test. If you registered online for the placement test please see the testing center for further instructions.
Are there study/preparation materials?
Create a username and password.
Once logged in, click on Next-Generation Practice Tests
Note: You will not be required to take the Arithmetic or the Advanced Algebra and Functions sections.
What is the minimum score I need to attain for admissions consideration?
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics (QAS): 243
- Reading Comprehension: 250
- Writing: 241
How do I check available dates and sign up for the test?
Please visit the testing center that you would like to test at to learn more about available dates and to sign up for the test. Payment is to be made by cash, check, or money order only. Debit and Credit cards are not accepted at this time.
What happens after I test?
You get the results of your exam immediately after testing. You are responsible for turning in a copy of your scores with your application package and must check with Delgado Charity School of Nursing to receive information and guidelines for admission into your chosen program. The testing department does not advise candidates on their admission status.
What happens if I do not achieve the minimum score?
Students are allowed to retake individual sections of the Practical Nursing Accuplacer, at $10 a section, as many times as they need to, to achieve a passing score.
City Park Campus
West Bank Campus
Sidney Collier Site
River City Site
No personal items, including but not limited to, mobile phones, hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) or other electronic devices, pagers, smart watches, purses, firearms or other weapons, hats (and other non-religious head coverings), bags, books, and/or notes are allowed in the testing rooms. You must store all personal items in a secure area as indicated by the Testing Center staff or return them to your vehicle. If you refuse to store your personal items, you will be unable to test.
Please bring a valid, state or government issued, photo ID with you on test day.