Health Coach Training
What Is Health Coaching?
Health coaching is an exciting new career in the healthcare industry!
As a health coach, you will have the skills to help patients improve their health and wellness outcomes to live healthier lives.
Health coaches engage patients and encourage them to take an active role in their health by providing them with tools necessary to make healthy lifestyle choices and adopt lifelong healthy behaviors.
Where Do Health Coaches Work?
Health coaches are employed at hospitals, community health centers, public health organizations, health insurance companies, nursing homes, nonprofit agencies, or are self-employed entrepreneurs.
- 6-mo. training starts Sept. 16, 2019, comprised of day/evening/online courses
- 3 hrs/week externship required
- 6-mo. training for entry-level students
- 3-mo. training for advanced students w/significant healthcare training/ experience/license
- Students must have HS diploma/GED
- Tuition $500 plus textbooks
- Scholarships available
- Students will receive industry-based credentials & certificate of completion
- Students w/at least associate degree eligible for National Board of Medical Examiners Board Certification Exam
- Coach training is pathway to Health Navigator associate degree
- Principles of Health Coaching
- Principles of Health Navigation
- Health Coaching in Chronic Disease Management
- Motivational Interviewing
- Electronic Health Records and Information Systems
- Ethics and Cultural Competencies
- Medical Terminology
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- CPR – First Aid
- Medical Care Assessment
For more information or to register for the training, contact Dana Smith at email@example.com or (504) 671-6799.