The Associate of General Studies (A.G.S.) degree program provides a flexible, academically-structured program for students whose academic objectives cannot be met by other programs offered by the College.
In addition to general education requirements, coursework in this degree program is likely to include the following:
Major area of concentration
- 18 semester hours in one subject area are required for a major area of concentration with 6 semester hours at the 200 level.
- Concentration must be in a subject area where an associate degree is not offered.
Required related courses
- Computer and Internet Literacy
- 18 semester hours related to major area of concentration
- Six hours in each of three course areas other than courses major area of concentration
- Fine Arts
- Foreign Languages
- Office Administration
- Social Science
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography*
- Emergency Medical Technician*
- Massage Therapy*
- Medical Coding*
- Nuclear Medicine Technician*
- Ophthalmic Medical Assistant*
- Pharmacy Technician*
- Radiation Therapy*
- Surgical Technology*
*Must be accepted in program before arranging a degree plan.