General Studies Degree in History
Why Study History at Delgado?
With the eclectic and culturally rich backdrop of a city like New Orleans, what better academic area to study than a discipline that celebrates what it means to understand our local and world history? The devoted faculty, tradition of excellence in our students, and wealth of resources at the college all combine to make history a vital part of the Delgado difference. In addition to a great learning environment, our History Department offers the following:
- Classes can be taken in any order
- A comprehensive degree plan that easily transfers to four-year colleges
- Traditional, hybrid, and online classes
- Affordable tuition and financial aid for those who qualify
- Various campus locations
- Highly experienced and caring faculty
The mission of Delgado's History department is to provide our students with an historical understanding of the major world cultures, how human societies change over time: in daily lives; through commerce; in response to crisis; and in interaction with other cultures. In addition, history courses strive to put the present into context, and to cultivate students' intellectual curiosity. Our students are introduced to the history of the modern world in courses that range from ancient to modern times, from the Far East to Louisiana, and with techniques drawn from the humanities and the social sciences.
A general studies concentration in History gives students the fundamental curriculum that easily transfers to four-year institutions.
The following are courses that we teach in history:
- American History I and II
- Western Civilization I and II
- World Civilization I and II
- African American History
- Louisiana History
For more information, please contact
- Kenya M. Jackson, Chair of the History department – (504) 671-6367: email@example.com
- Jennifer Lang, Professor, City Park Campus – (504) 671-6399: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tronn W. Moller, Instructor, Westbank Campus – (504) 671-6391: email@example.com
Ready to Apply?
Are you ready to discover what our program has to offer?