General Studies Degree in Theatre
Why Study Theatre at Delgado?
With a diverse and culturally eclectic backdrop of a city like New Orleans, Theatre offers a unique and creative form of human expression that can make a lasting impact on not only individuals, but on the community as a whole. A general studies concentration in Theatre gives students the fundamental curriculum they will need to begin a lifelong career in the Theatre Arts. In addition to a comprehensive degree plan that easily transfers to four-year institutions, our Theatre department proudly offers the following:
- Highly experienced and caring faculty who also perform and work locally
- Two amazing performing spaces
- State-of-the-art equipment to prepare the student for a career behind the scenes
- The opportunity to perform on and off stage in productions throughout the year
- The opportunity to perform with local theatre artists and to participate in master classes
- Affordable tuition and financial aid for those who qualify
- Scholarship and professional internship opportunities
Since 2017, our professional partnership program has provided opportunities for our students to work alongside acclaimed local theatre companies, including:
The NOLA Project - http://www.nolaproject.com/
See ‘Em On Stage: A Production Company - http://www.seosaproductioncompany.com/
The Storyville Collective - https://doctuhmistuh.org/
The Radical Buffoons - https://www.radicalbuffoons.com/
The mission of Delgado Theatre's department is to give our students the fundamental
curriculum they will need to begin a lifelong career in the Theatre Arts. Our acclaimed
productions range from the classical tragedies to modern comedies and from musicals
to children’s theatre. We continue to partner with the New Orleans theatre community
to help bridge the gap between professional and educational theatre.
A general studies concentration in Theatre gives students the fundamental curriculum they will need to begin a lifelong career in the Theatre Arts. We offer a comprehensive degree plan that easily transfers to four-year institutions.
For advising or more information contact:
- Kris LaMorte, Theatre Coordinator, City Park Campus – (504) 671-6387, email@example.com
- Michael Santos, Dept. Chair, City Park Campus – (504) 671-6392, firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Means, Instructor of Theatre, City Park Campus – (504) 671-6358, email@example.com
For The Radical Buffoons and Delgado Theatre Department’s co-production of
Auditions are: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 @ 2-5pm. in the Timothy K. Baker Theatre on the City Park campus
Auditions will be held in two group blocks and last
a little over an hour. Wear comfortable clothing
you can move in.
To sign up for an audition slot email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rehearsals begin March 2nd.
The show runs April 15th -20th
For more information email
co-producer, Michael Santos,
or call 671-6392.
You do NOT have to be a theatre major to participate in the productions.
Come join us!
Ready to Apply?
Are you ready to discover what our program has to offer?