Game Design Concentration
About The Concentration
The Game Design concentration enables students to build a solid foundation with which to pursue careers in the game design industry.
In this program, students learn essential concepts in game design, functional job tracks in the industry, and industry structures together with a variety of computer application, art, and design software tools necessary for game and simulation creation on top of fundamental coding, security, and design techniques.
About The Certificate Program
While not an associate degree, the 12-credit hour Application Programming C.T.C. provides students with an opportunity for career exploration in application programming, where students can learn the basics of programming and a programming language.
- ADOT 161 - Modeling and Texturing for 3D Animation and Games
- ADOT 162 - 3D Modeling and Animation for Games and Film 3
- CMIN 217 - Introduction to Game Design and Development 3
- CMIN 218 - Game Structure and Character Development 3
Select 3 courses from the following:
- ADOT 131 - Photo Editing for Windows
- ADOT 135 - Digital Illustration Software
- ADOT 225 - Multimedia Animation Technologies
- CMIN 214 - Introduction to C++
- CMIN 295 - Internship
- CMIN 275 - Agile Project Management
- CMIN 203 - Logic and Design I
- CMIN 204 - Fundamentals of Information Technologies and Systems
- CMIN 216 - Web Foundations I
- CMIN 244 - Introduction to Information Security
- CMIN 250 - JAVA Programming I
- CMST 130 - Fundamentals of Communication
- CNET 157 - Network System Basics
- ENGL 101 - English Composition I OR ENGL 110 - Intensive English Composition I
- MATH 120 - Contemporary Math 3 OR MATH 128 - Applied Algebra 3 OR MATH 130 - College Algebra
- Humanities Requirement
- Social/Behavioral Science Requirement
- Natural Science Requirement
Note: classes listed above are based on the current incoming catalog; your catalog may differ. Always check the appropriate academic catalog.