About The Concentration
In the concentration of Programmer/Analyst, students prepare for traditional jobs and careers as programmers, database developers, and systems analysts.
This concentration helps students prepare for traditional jobs and careers in the information technology field as programmer, database developers, and systems analysts. Instruction in programming and database management beyond the learning offered in the core curriculum are included in this concentration, with courses featuring advanced Java and database management as well as event-driven programming and C++ available for students.
About The Certificate Program
While not an associate degree, the 12-credit hour Application Programming C.T.C. provides students with an opportunity for career exploration in application programming.
- CMIN 207 - Logic and Design II
- CMIN 211 - Event-Driven Programming I
- CMIN 257 - JAVA Programming II
- CMIN 291 - Systems Analysis Methods
Select 3 courses from the following:
- CMIN 214 - Introduction to C++
- CMIN 232 - Discrete Structures
- CMIN 266 - Database Management Systems
- CMIN 233 - Cloud Computing Foundations
- CMIN 295 - Internship
- CMIN 275 - Agile Project Management
- CMIN 203 - Logic and Design I
- CMIN 204 - Fundamentals of Information Technologies and Systems
- CMIN 216 - Web Foundations I
- CMIN 244 - Introduction to Information Security
- CMIN 250 - JAVA Programming I
- CMST 130 - Fundamentals of Communication
- CNET 157 - Network System Basics
- ENGL 101 - English Composition I OR ENGL 110 - Intensive English Composition I
- MATH 120 - Contemporary Math OR MATH 128 - Applied Algebra OR MATH 130 - College Algebra
- Humanities Requirement
- Social/Behavioral Science Requirement
- Natural Science Requirement
Note: classes listed above are based on the current incoming catalog; your catalog may differ. Always check the appropriate academic catalog.