Electrical Electronic Engineering Technology
Students interested in acquiring “Engineering Technician” as a career title will learn the necessary skills of the trade through the Electrical-Electronic Engineering Technology Program. Graduates of the program will gain knowledge of the construction, application, properties, operation, and limitations of engineering systems and processes. ELET Enrollment and Completers Report
- Program will prepare graduates with the technical skills required for successful careers in the design, application, installation, manufacturing, testing, documentation, operation, maintenance, analysis, development, implementation and oversight of electrical-electronics equipment.
- Program will prepare graduates to work as effective team members with strong written/oral communication skills, as well as to advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
- Program will prepare graduates to exercise ethics in their profession including a respect for diversity.
Students in the ELET program shall have demonstrated the following upon graduation:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline.
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and conduct, analyze and interpret experiment results.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team. (Teamwork)
- Explain the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development. (Professional Development)
- Address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity. (Ethics & Respect for Diversity)
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement. (Professionalism)
ELET 101 Electrical Circuits I
ELET 102 Electrical Circuits II
ELET-160 Programming for Engineering Technology
ELET-260 Instrumentation and Industrial Controls
ELET-274 Electrical Machinery and Controls
ELET-283 Electronics Communications
ELET-285 Industrial Electronics
ELET-287 Programmable Logic Controllers
ELET Program Review 3 Year Action Plan
Advisory Board Members
The program also emphasizes instrumentation and process control, electrical power, and electronics. Upon completion, courses may be transferred to a four-year institution.
The Electrical-Electronics Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).
This program can be completed in two and one-half years of study.