Electrical Electronic Engineering Technology
Students interested in acquiring “Engineering Technician” as a career title will learn the necessary skills of the trade through the Electrical-Electronic Engineering Technology Program. Graduates of the program will gain knowledge of the construction, application, properties, operation, and limitations of engineering systems and processes. ELET Enrollment and Completers Report
- Program will prepare graduates with the technical skills required for successful careers in the design, application, installation, manufacturing, testing, documentation, operation, maintenance, analysis, development, implementation and oversight of electrical-electronics equipment.
- Program will prepare graduates to work as effective team members with strong written/oral communication skills, as well as to advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
- Program will prepare graduates to exercise ethics in their profession including a respect for diversity.
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined engineering technology activities;
- Apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge;
- Conduct standard tests and measurements, and conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team. (Teamwork)
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems. (Problem Solving)
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments, identify and use appropriate technical literature. (Written & Oral Communication)
- Explain the need for and engage in self-directed continuing professional development. (Professional Development)
- Address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity. (Ethics and Respect for Diversity)
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement. (Professionalism)
The program also emphasizes instrumentation and process control, electrical power, and electronics. Upon completion, courses may be transferred to a four-year institution.
The Electrical-Electronics Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
This program can be completed in two and one-half years of study.