Start Up U
Start Up U Gives You the Knowledge to START, RUN, GROW
Start Up U is a program outside of the regular curriculum that will enhance and build self-efficacy for students and community members that are thinking about or have already started a business.
Less Theory; More Hands-On Learning
- Free workshops that can lead to credit in BUSG 115: Starting a New Business
- Help students not only get jobs but create jobs
- Ten in-class modules with Canvas resources
Everyone is Welcome!
Your program teaches the skills for your field; we teach them the skills to turn that into their own business.
Cosmetology | Automotive | HVAC | Electrical | Welding | Carpentry | Drafting/Design | Biology/Biotech | Arts and Humanities | Computer/Biotech | Computer Repair | Computer Networking | Graphic Design | Web Design | Visual Arts
Schedule - 10 modules will be run 4 to 6 times each semester. Students will have many chances to enter the curriculum.
- Module 1: Intro/Overview of Starting a Business, Innovation and Idea Generation
- Module 2: Starting and Forming Your Business - Registrations State/City, EIN Employee ID
- Module 3: Funding Your Business/Partners and Importance of Operating Agreements
- Module 4: Taxes and Human Resources: Payroll, Manuals, Safety and Regulatory Overview
- Module 5: Financial Feasibility and Pricing/Breakdown
- Module 6: Marketing and Sales
- Module 7: Constructing Financial Statements
- Module 8: Leadership: Develop Leadership Skills, How to Keep You and Your Employees Motivated
- Module 9: Systems and Processes
- Module 10: Social Media/Marketing Strategy for Your Business, Setting Up Your Business in Applicable Media Outlets
- Weeks 13-14: Make-up modules as needed by cohorts
- Week 14: Graduation party in H. Giles Martin Hall with networking and contracting opportunities
Visit the Delgado City Park Campus at H. Giles Martin Hall, Room 116, Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 12 noon, or give us a call at (504) 671-6448 to let us know that you want to register in person. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.