Water and Wastewater Technology
What is the Water and Wastewater Technology Program?
The Water & Wastewater Technology Department of Delgado Community College offers a unique opportunity to prepare students to enter the water and wastewater operator field. The program provides students the necessary fundamental math skills and science knowledge to work in the water operations field. The program focuses on providing students with a smooth and relatively fast entry into the water operator workforce by:
- Preparing the student for the State of Louisiana certification exam
- Providing facility tours in conjunction with our industry partners
- Matching our students with internship and employment opportunities
Prepare For and Take the State Certification Exams at Delgado
We offer preparation courses for the State of Louisiana Certification exams of the four mastery levels of Water Production, Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection, and Wastewater Treatment. The State of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals and Delgado Community College have partnered to provide the state certification exams on-site after the end of the semester.
A college degree, while desirable, is not required for employment.The wages and benefits are good and there is potential to move up the ranks over time and increase your income. Employees can earn up to $15.00 per hour for water operators and up to $18.00 per hour for wastewater operators based on your level of experience. Your job is secure in the water and wastewater operator field. Our industry partners have an immediate need to replace an aging workforce. We help coordinate efforts to place our successful students in available jobs and internships at their facilities.
Each course corresponds to the State of Louisiana exam topic and level.
Water Production Operator
- WWTC 106 - Water Production Operator I
- WWTC 107 - Water Production Operator II
- WWTC 108 - Water Production Operator III
- WWTC 109 - Water Production Operator IV
Water Treatment Operator
- WWTC 111 - Water Treatment Operator I
- WWTC 112 - Water Treatment Operator II
- WWTC 113 - Water Treatment Operator III
- WWTC 114 - Water Treatment Operator IV
Water Distribution Operator
- WWTC 116 - Water Distribution Operator I
- WWTC 117 - Water Distribution Operator II
- WWTC 118 - Water Distribution Operator III
- WWTC 119 - Water Distribution Operator IV
Wastewater Collection Operator
- WWTC 121 - Wastewater Collection Operator I
- WWTC 122 - Wastewater Collection Operator II
- WWTC 123 - Wastewater Collection Operator III
- WWTC 124 - Wastewater Collection Operator IV