Estheticians, or skincare specialists, cleanse and beautify the face and body to enhance a person’s appearance. Typically, estheticians will evaluate the client’s skin condition and appearance; discuss available treatments and determine which products will improve client’s skin quality.
In the Esthetics C.T.C. program, you will learn these skills:
- Analyze and recognize skin disorders.
- Perform facial massage techniques.
- Operate skin care treatment machines.
- Apply masks for the improvement of the skin.
- Perform superfluous hair removal treatment.
- Apply make-up.
- Apply safety and sanitary procedures in accordance with Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology regulations.
Career paths include: Esthetician, Spa Esthetician/Manager/Owner, Eyelash, and Brow Specialist, Makeup Artist, Medical Esthetician. Our student’s practical skills are developed through experience in an on-site salon which is equipped and managed according to industry standards by the students with instructor supervision. An esthetician makes around $30,000 per year, but the typical salary increases with tips, commissions, and salon ownership.
See the Official Program Description in the College Catalog.
The C.T.C. in Esthetics is 900-clock hours and is not designed for transfer to a four-year college or university.