High School Document Requirements

For specific admission requirements, find the category below that best describes your admission status. A freshman applicant would fall into one of the following categories.

Home-Schooled Graduate

Home-schooled students are admitted to the college without a high school transcript. However, proof of graduation maybe requested in order to receive federal financial aid. All financial aid recipients must have completed high school or equivalate. 

Start Right Checklist

Non-High School Graduate

This information pertains to a non-high school graduate who is an applicant of at least 17 years of age, with no GED, whose high school class has graduated, or a home-schooled student whose home-school is not approved by the state or regional accrediting association, or a graduate of a non-accredited or non-state approved high school.

Delgado Community College does not require a high school transcript or GED/HiSET equivalency for admission to the college; however one is needed to obtain federal financial aid. Delgado Community College offers two options for the non-high school graduate: the Adult Basic Education Program, a free program that helps non-high school graduates attain their GED, and the Ability to Benefit Test. 

For more information about how to enroll in the Adult Education Program, call (504) 671-5434

For more information about the Ability to Benefit Test, call (504) 671-5080.

Learn more about the Adult Education Program.

Learn more about the Ability to Benefit Test.