CDYC Practicum Eligibility Seminar
July 01, 2021
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY FOR STUDENTS PLANNING TO ENROLL IN PRACTICUM FOR FALL 2021.
Thursday, July 22, 2021 | 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. CT
Join via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 933 6453 7961
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND?
- Must be in last semester to graduate with a degree in CDYC and have completed developmental Math, English, and Reading courses.
- Must have completed CDYC courses with a “C” or better.
- Must have completed Core Courses:
– CDYC 105 (Introduction to Child Care and Development)
– CDYC 111 (Observation & Assessment)
– CDYC 115 (Guidance & Classroom Management)
– CDYC 273 (Curriculum & Teaching Materials)
- Student cannot be enrolled in more than two (2) courses with Practicum.
- Student cannot be enrolled in any classes during the hours of 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Departmental permission is required for all applicants.
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE?
- Current unofficial degree plan (contact your CDYC advisor if needed)
- Louisiana Department of Education criminal background check