Description of Services
Who are we?
What do we do?
The Office of Disability Services assists students with disabilities. We work with the students with documented disabilities to make the most of his/her college career. With the Office of Disability Services, the student receives help to achieve academic goals through many services. These services include academic advising, advocacy, and academic accommodations. And, we provide access to adaptive equipment and computers with specialized software programs.
What services are available to me?
- Interpreting services, captioning services, note-taking services, distraction-free environment, extended time, scribe, reader, tape recorder, assistive technologies/specialized computer programs.
- Test proctoring services are available; however appointments must be made at least 2-3 days prior to test. Please contact preferred location to schedule your placement test and/or regular semester tests.
Testing Services (Select Location)
City Park Campus
Building 2, Room 302
West Bank Campus
LaRocca Hall, Room 303
Sidney Collier Site
Building 3, Room 117A
How do I receive services?
- A person is eligible for accommodations if he/she is considered a person with a disability, has identified his/herself to the college through the Office of Disability Services and has presented appropriate documentation regarding the disability to the college as required by Office of Disability Services and accommodations.
- Students must complete the Delgado application for admission.
- Complete online orientation.
- Schedule a placement test. If accommodations are needed, please submit documentation prior to testing
- Complete student intake and student agreement forms online.
- Consult with ODS staff in regards to disability documentation and accommodations.
- Receive accommodations letters for instructors.
- Complete Semester Accommodations Request Form every semester.