Sidney Collier Site Academic Advising Checklist
Before your academic advising appointment
Information to bring with you to academic advising appointment
- Your LoLA ID Number: This number can be found in your LoLA (Delgado’s online student
portal) account under the student home tab.
- Your Picture ID
- If applicable, copies of your placement test scores.
- If you have previously attended college, please bring copies of your unofficial transcripts
and course descriptions.
- If you are planning to transfer, please come prepared to share:
- Where you wish to transfer
- When you plan to transfer
- What program you are planning to study at your future institution
- If you have earned any type of certification, e.i. NCCER, please bring proof of your
- Bring a list of any questions that you may want to ask your academic advisor.
Expectations for your academic advising appointment
- Together, you and your academic advisor will review any unofficial transcripts and
test scores for course placement.
- Your academic advisor will conduct an unofficial degree audit.
- Together you and your academic advisor will create a plan of what courses you should
take over the next four semesters. This is also known as a 4 point plan.
- You will discuss your academic and career goals with your advisor and how to achieve
your goals by following your academic path at Delgado Community College.
- Your academic advisor will address any questions you may have.
After your academic advising appointment