West Bank Campus Academic Advising Checklist
Before your academic advising appointment
- Think about your educational and career goals. These may change later on but it will be the first step on the RIGHT Path!
- Apply to Delgado Community College
- Submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Wavier form or proof of immunization
- Proof of selective service registration (only for males between 18-25)
- If you have previously attended college, and would like to receive credit for completed courses, send copies of ALL official transcript to the Office of Admissions.
- If applicable, schedule to take your placement test
- Set up your LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) log in
- If applicable, apply for financial aid. (Delgado Community College code is 004626)
- Contact your Academic Advisor for appointment options
Information to bring with you to academic advising appointment
- Your LoLA ID Number: This number can be found in your LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) account under the student home tab.
- Your Picture ID
- If applicable, copies of your placement test scores.
- If you have previously attended college and would like to receive credit for completed courses, please bring copies of your unofficial transcripts and course descriptions.
- If you are planning to transfer, please come prepared to share:
- Where you wish to transfer
- When you plan to transfer
- What program you are planning to study at your future institution
- Bring a list of any questions that you may want to ask your academic advisor.
Expectations for your academic advising appointment
- Together, you and your academic advisor will review any unofficial transcripts and test scores for course placement.
- Your academic advisor will conduct an unofficial degree audit.
- Together you and your academic advisor will create a plan of what courses you should take over the next four semesters. This is also known as a 4 point plan.
- You will discuss your academic and career goals with your advisor and how to achieve your goals by following your academic path at Delgado Community College.
- Your academic advisor will address any questions you may have.
After your academic advising appointment
- Schedule through LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) for the classes you and your academic advisor discussed.
- Not sure how to schedule your classes? Use this video tutorial to help guide you.
- While in LoLA, make sure that you have secured your classes. This can be done by applying financial aid or by making a minimum payment prior to the fee deadlines.
- Log into Canvas to review your courses.
- See your advisor if you need to continue conversations about your educational and career goals.