Free Tax Services at Single Stop
Single Stop Tax Services
January 19 - April 9, 2021
Virtual Process for COVID-19 Safety
Delgado Community College’s Single Stop Program is offering its 10th year of tax preparation services to faculty, staff, and students through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program!
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS:
- Gather all tax documents and complete forms. Please provide copies of all documents,
as Single Stop is unable to make copies.
• IRS Forms (F13614-C, Intake & Interview & Form 14446, Consent Form)
• Photo IDs, & Social Security cards for you, spouse, and dependents listed on return
• All forms (W-2s, 1099Rs, 1099-G, 1099-MISC, etc.)
• Interest & Dividend forms (1099-DIV, 1099-INT)
• Any other related documentation you have received (1099, 1098-T, etc.)
• Schedule C expenses (MUST be prepared and summarized in advance)
• Total paid for daycare (provider’s name, tax ID#, address, phone number) if applicable
• Identity Theft IPIN letter from IRS if applicable
• Health Insurance Form 1095A from the Marketplace (Obama Care) if applicable
•Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (voided check or bank statement)
2. Provide a valid telephone number and email address indicating how you would like your tax preparer to contact you (phone call, text message, FaceTime, email, etc.)
3. Place forms, tax documents, and contact information in envelope (provided) and seal envelope.
4. Drop envelope in lock box outside the Single Stop office at Delgado’s City Park Campus in Building 2, Room 108A on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12 noon and 2 p.m. January 19 - April 6, 2021.
5. Tax preparer will contact you via your indicated preference to schedule a virtual appointment.
6. Attend virtual appointment for completion of return preparation.
7. Completed tax return and documents will be mailed to address provided on intake form, unless otherwise indicated.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 671-6563. Please allow 24 hours for someone to return your call.