Free Tax Services at Single Stop
Single Stop Tax Services
Delgado Community College Single Stop Program is offering its eleventh year of tax preparation services through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to the Delgado community and surrounding metro area beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2022 through Friday, April 8, 2022.
We will continue to assist our customers in preparing their tax returns electronically using a Virtual Drop-off process instead of face-to-face contact. IRS certified volunteers will still provide free basic income tax preparation with electronic filing and direct deposit of refunds to qualified individuals.
Customers that want to have their taxes prepared will need to drop off all tax return information in the designated lock box located outside the Single Stop Office, at Delgado’s City Park Campus in Building 2, Room 108A on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. You may drop off your tax return information beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2022 through Wednesday, April 6, 2022. It is imperative that you include copies of your photo IDs and Social Security cards for you and all other dependents being claimed on your tax return.
HOW THE VIRTUAL TAX PREP PROCESS WORKS
- Gather all tax documents & complete forms. Please send copies of all documents, site is unable to make copies
- IRS Forms (F13614-C, Intake & Interview & Form 14446, Consent Form)
- Photo IDs, & Social Security cards for you, spouse, & dependents listed on return
- All forms, (W-2s, 1099Rs, 1099-G, 1099-MISCs, etc.).
- Interest & Dividend forms (1099-DIV, 1099-INT)
- Any other related documentation you have received (1099, 1098-T, etc.)
- Schedule C expenses MUST be prepared and summarized in advance
- Advance Child Tax Credit Letter (L6419) from IRS, if applicable
- Economic Impact Payment Letter (L6475) from IRS, if applicable
- Total paid for daycare (provider’s name, tax ID#, Address, & Phone number)
- Identity Theft IPIN letter from IRS (if applicable)
- Health Insurance Form 1095A from the Marketplace (Obama Care) if applicable
- Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (Voided check or bank statement)
- Provide a valid telephone number and email address indicating how you would like your tax preparer to contact you (phone call, text message, FaceTime, email, etc.)
- Place forms, tax documents, and contact information in envelope (available on campus) and seal envelope.
- Place sealed envelope in drop box outside the Single Stop Office @Delgado’s City Park Campus in Building 2, Room 108A, January 18 – April 6, 2022.
- Tax Preparer will contact you via your indicated preference to schedule a virtual appointment
- Attend virtual appointment for completion of return preparation
- Completed tax return and documents will be mailed to address on intake form, unless otherwise indicated.
More information: email Single Stop Volunteer Income Tax Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-671-6563 (Please allow 24 hours for someone to return your call)