River City Site and Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center
The new Delgado River City Site and Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center is located in Avondale, Louisiana, and classes begin on August 18, 2018.
The site will offer:
- technical, academic, credit and non-credit programs
- LA Transfer Degree and general education courses
- top training for in-demand, well-paying jobs
- dual enrollment opportunities for high-school students
Programs Offered Fall 2018
The new facility plans to offer programs in the following disciplines starting in August:
- Aluminum Welding
- Industrial Maintenance
- LA Transfer Degree
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 20
- Process Instrumentation and Control (PIC)
- Science Lab Technician
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Small Industrial Electrician
A ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled for August 30 at 10 a.m.
The facility is located next to the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO) and Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy at 709 Churchill Parkway in Avondale, Louisiana.