West Bank Campus2600 General Meyer Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70114
Call Today! (504) 762-3100
Welcome to Delgado Community College - West Bank Campus, which is the largest public institution of higher education in the region. The West Bank Campus opened its doors in 1967 and has been operational for more than 45 years. When the Louisiana Legislature established Delgado Community College - West Bank Campus, the goal was to increase higher educational opportunities for residents on the West Bank. As you know, having to cross the Crescent City Connection prevented many citizens from reaching their educational goals and fulfilling their dreams.
The West Bank Campus is conveniently located at 2600 General Meyer Avenue in Algiers. Delgado is very proud to offer students a comprehensive array of associate degree and certificate programs. Student success is our first commitment and our highest priority.
The College offers more than 70 associate's degrees, certificate programs. When completed, these programs can transfer to a bachelor's degree program at a university, or to advancement in your career.
Many of our excellent faculty members have Ph.D.'s, as well as publications to their credit. They are professionals with ties to the community.
Class sizes are small, averaging around 25 students per class. This results in more personal interaction from experienced faculty.
To accommodate different styles of learning styles of a diverse community, a variety of instructional methods are used, such as face-to-face, hybrid, online, compressed video, apprenticeship, and many more.
Delgado Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate's degrees, certificates, and diplomas.
In 1974, new facilities were constructed and enrollment increased to 750 serving mostly veterans returning from Vietnam. Through the years, the West Bank Campus has grown, enlarging the vocational technical building to include more classrooms, ceramics and science laboratories, and a physical fitness center. In 1999, a major new building, Larocca Hall, was completed. It was named in honor of Henry Andrew Larocca (1908-1957), a physician who was devoted to the well-being of West Bank citizens. Larocca Hall includes 15 multipurpose classrooms, a state-of-the-art computer classroom, an inclusive student services area, and faculty offices. The building also has a multifunctional tiered lecture hall equipped with a variety of audio-visual capabilities, including online teleconferencing.
Currently, more than 3,000 students choose from the many associate's degree and certificate programs offered in the Arts and Sciences and Business and Technology Divisions at the West Bank Campus.