The deadline to apply to the Veterinary Assistant program has been extended through September
Program Options in Veterinary Assisting & Technology
Choose from the Veterinary Technology Associate Degree Program (A.A.S.) or the NEW Veterinary Assistant Certificate of Technical Studies (C.T.S.) Program!
Certificate of Technical Studies in Veterinary Assisting
- Help veterinarians and veterinary technicians with duties like restraining animals, processing lab work, sterilizing equipment, kennel work, clerical duties, filling prescriptions, handling specimen samples, assisting with radiographs, educating pet owners (clients), and researching records on vaccines and medications.
- Ease the burdens on veterinarians and veterinary technicians by freeing them up to complete skills only those professionals are legally allowed to perform.
- Begin a career right after graduation or transfer your credits seamlessly to Delgado’s Vet Tech Program to earn an associate degree.
Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology
- Help veterinarians by assisting with surgery and anesthesia, physical exams, radiographs, client education, animal nursing care, office duties, drug calculations, lab work, emergency and critical care, and care for farm animals/exotic species.
- Learn skills with the latest technology through Delgado’s program, accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA), and prepare for the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE).
- Begin a career right after graduation or transfer your credits seamlessly to Northwestern State University to earn a bachelor’s degree.