Veterinary Technology Admissions
The program admits one class per year, beginning in the fall semester. The program is a limited enrollment program. Prospective students must contact the Allied Health Admissions Office to initiate the application procedure. The deadline for completed applications to the program every year is May 1st. To be eligible to apply to the program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a love for animals and a willingness to work hard.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete all prerequisite general education courses. (See curriculum.)
- Earn a cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0. . It is recommended that students maintain a 2.3-2.5 GPA in order to be competitive with other applicants.
- Be able to meet program's technical standards.
- Complete 50 hours of observation at a veterinary clinic
- Complete an application packet which includes three letters of recommendation, a personal narrative, an application, etc.
Program applicants should be aware that visible tattoos and body piercings (other than earrings) are not permitted in many clinical affiliates. Upon acceptance into a program and the commencement of clinical rotations, students may be required to cover visible tattoos and remove visible piercings.
To get further information on the program, please contact Program Director, Jennifer Limon EdD, RVT at (504) 671-6782 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Allied Health Admissions Office at (504) 671-6201.