Due to the current health crisis we will be extending the application deadline for the Veterinary Technology Program to June 15th. The Vet Tech mandatory orientation will be held July 1st at 10 am via Zoom. The Veterinary Assistant orientation will be held later at a date to be determined. The link will be emailed to applicants prior to orientation. We understand completing observation hours are not possible right now. Please submit what you have completed, along with a plan for completing the remaining hours with your application. Applications can be mailed to the college (mailing address is listed on the application).
Program Options in Veterinary Assisting & Technology
Choose from the Veterinary Technology Associate Degree Program (A.A.S.) or the NEW Veterinary Assistant Certificate of Technical Studies (C.T.S.) Program!
Certificate of Technical Studies in Veterinary Assisting
- Help veterinarians and veterinary technicians with duties like restraining animals, processing lab work, sterilizing equipment, kennel work, clerical duties, filling prescriptions, handling specimen samples, assisting with radiographs, educating pet owners (clients), and researching records on vaccines and medications.
- Ease the burdens on veterinarians and veterinary technicians by freeing them up to complete skills only those professionals are legally allowed to perform.
- Begin a career right after graduation or transfer your credits seamlessly to Delgado’s Vet Tech Program to earn an associate degree.
Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology
- Help veterinarians by assisting with surgery and anesthesia, physical exams, radiographs, client education, animal nursing care, office duties, drug calculations, lab work, emergency and critical care, and care for farm animals/exotic species.
- Learn skills with the latest technology through Delgado’s program, accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA), and prepare for the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE).
- Begin a career right after graduation or transfer your credits seamlessly to Northwestern State University to earn a bachelor’s degree.