Delgado Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Questions about the accreditaton of Delgado Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACCOC’s website (http://www.sacscoc.org).
For general information regarding admission, registration, and/or College policies, call the College at (504) 671-6500. View a list of important College contact numbers.
Delgado Community College has been accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) since 1971. The accreditation was re-affirmed in 1975, 1986, 1996, 2008, and 2016.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. Accreditation by SACS Commission on Colleges signifies that the institution (1) has a mission appropriate to higher education, (2) has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission, and (3) maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
Delgado received its most recent reaffirmation of accreditation review in 2016. The 2016 Reaffirmation of Accreditation Review included both an Off-Site Review and an On-Site Review by Commission representatives as prescribed in this eight step review process:
- The Commission staff conducted an orientation for Delgado Community College's Leadership Team.
- Delgado Community College prepared and submitted its Compliance Certification with supporting documentation in March 2015.
- The Compliance Certification was reviewed by an Off-Site Peer Review Committee.
- The Off-Site Review Committee forwarded its preliminary findings to the On-Site Peer Review Committee. Delgado Community College submitted a Focused Report in response to these findings six weeks prior to on-site review.
- Delgado Community College also prepared and submitted its Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) six weeks prior to on-site review.
- In the Fall Semester of 2015, the On-Site Review Committee visited Delgado Community College to review a portion of the Compliance Certification as advised by the Off-Site Peer Review Committee and to determine the acceptability of the College's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). The On-Site Review Committee forwarded its report to Delgado Community College for response.
- Delgado Community College provided a response to the On-Site Review Committee Report.
- The Commission reviewed the Report and Delgado Community College's response and granted the College's reaffirmation at the June 2016 SACSCOC Board of Trustees Meeting.