Veterinary Assistant Certificate of Technical Studies (C.T.S.)
The Veterinary Assistant Program is a two semester Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS) program. The Delgado program admits one class per year, beginning in the fall semester. The program is a limited enrollment program. Prospective students must contact the Allied Health Admissions Office to initiate the application procedure. The deadline for completed applications to the program every year is July 1, with applications available starting January 1st. To be eligible to apply to the program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a love for animals and a willingness to work hard.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete all prerequisite general education courses. (See below.)
- Earn a cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0.
- Be able to meet program's technical standards.
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Be able to pass a background and drug screening upon acceptance into the program.
Accreditation: This program is approved as an Approved Veterinary Assistant (AVA) Program through NAVTA which allows students to sit for the exam to become an AVA. Visit the NAVTA website for more information.